Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's Been A While.

When I was in middle school I started playing the clarinet in the concert band as well as the jazz band and then when I went to high school I played it in the concert band and the marching band. I wasn't very good but I always had a ton of fun being surrounded by music (and other people who were very talented at their respective instruments). I've been thinking a lot lately about doing more performance art and exploring new mediums and areas of my creativity that have been brewing in my head. I grew up in Canada and lived in a little village in Victoria for a while but we would go downtown every once in a while and there were always buskers (street performers) performing on the Inner Harbor. I was always really intrigued by them and loved to watch people play musical instruments, sing, do magic, etc, etc, etc. I now want to be my own kind of busker and hopefully soon I will be playing clarinet on some random street corner. And maybe with some practice I'll be better than I used to be. Watch out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment