Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Holi!

This was the beginning of the festivities when we were just getting started.

Then we went to my Uncle's house and got more into it...
My mom even played with us which was so much fun!
And the water and the colors just kept coming...
My cousins and I.
As we were washing the color off their front porch. I wish I couldn't gotten a photo when all the colors were still there. It was amaaazing!
Some boys on the street that had obviously gotten into the Holi spirit.
Back at my cousins house watching all the people walking by on the street. This boy looked like he was ready to pelt passers-by with water balloons.
The beginning of his colored adventures.


And further along... These boys were so much fun to watch. They played for hours and most of the time it was just the two of them, but they seemed like they were having so much fun anyways.

These were some other neighbors that were just living for Holi. It was so refreshing to see people being so aggressive/passionate, but in such a loving way. Going out, even the few days before Holi, was like war. You could get hit with water balloons from anyone waiting up on their porches or even hiding behind walls.
Color color color! So much color and so much fun!
After we had played in front of my Uncle's house for a bit, we went to the community park by his house where most of the neighborhood had gathered to celebrate. Everyone was putting color on each other and the energy was just so positive and loving. It was such child-like fun and it was so cool to be able to go up to a complete stranger and just put powdered color on their face and wish them a "Happy Holi". I really wish I could have taken pictures in that park (!) because there were more colors and more people and it was definitely a sight to see! Sadly I didn't have my camera because we were all drenched with colors and water!

So to everyone back home, Happy Holi!
I hope you all are having amazing times doing whatever you're doing and just remember to live. Life is colorful and it's beautiful if you let it be.
Peace&love.

5 comments:

  1. If you get a chance, I'd really like to know the story behind Holi, and also, what the colors are made of. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh!! so awesome! it's like an amazing kaleidoscope dream!! miss you my brother!! love you and tell your family I love them! Did they ever get the little painting? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete