Sunday, March 8, 2009

One Pose.

These are the rickshaws that I've been doing most of my traveling in so far. They're everywhere.

This was one in particular that I loved the interior of. They all have little unique things about them, but one common thing is that almost every one I've been in has a photo (normally heart shaped) of a Bollywood actor on the rearview mirror above their heads.
This is a stall I passed on a rickshaw ride. They are all over and have things like sweets, mouth fresheners, cigarettes, soda, etc.
This is where we (my homie Raviji that has been taking me to Chandni Chowk, and I) would normally get off the rickshaw and head into the hustle and bustle of the markets/alleys.
Deeper into the beautiful madness.
This was in the second workshop I went to. It's a necklace he was working on with a set of matching earrings. Incredibly detailed craftsmanship.
A pendant and matching earrings.
An earring that was waiting for diamonds to be set in it.
This was a tool they used to make/stretch wire, normally made of gold.
A mens gold/diamond ring that I watched get made.
This was a workshop that I went to to see diamonds set into a ring. There were two boys sitting up on the little bunk part working when we walked in. I was standing just inside the doorway, so that gives you an idea of how big the workshop is.
 This was the view from sitting up top with the workers. As you can see, there are a many religious photos on the walls which was common in all the workshop that I've been to so far.
These were the pigeons that were hanging out with us as he set diamonds. (So I've now seen pigeons, mice, and insects inside of workshops. And camels, cows, dogs, cats, monkeys, goats, pigeons and crows outside.)
The thing to the left with the spikes is the ring with many tiny little diamonds already set into it, and the white things to the right is a 3 carat diamond that is about to be set.
And this is the finished ring. This is the one I saw started the first day I went to the workshop. It's gold but they've finished it in a way that makes it silver in color (but it's not white gold). This photo doesn't really do it justice. It's amazing!
This is Sanjeep. He was the one setting the diamonds. He was really nice and very welcoming.
This was a little shop that I went to one day to pick up a gas tank for my aunts house. I was with her driver on the way back from dropping my little cousin off at her friend's house.
I pulled out my camera to take a couple photos and these guys got interested so they asked if I would take a photo of them. The one in the sweater said "one pose", and the other was reluctant but seemed to love it anyways. So I title this... "One Pose".

1 comment:

  1. Puja! I blogged about your blog so keep blogging! The trip looks amazing!

    love
    lala

    ReplyDelete